AACNS 2022 Speaker Guidelines
Thank you for presenting at AACNS 2022
This page is designed to prepare you for your presentation at AACNS 2022. Please visit the page regularly for updates on technical requirements, deadlines and general information.
Who are these guidelines for?
Invited speakers in Plenary, Masterclasses, Main Topic, Workshops and Symposium sessions
- Presenting authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation in Parallel sessions.
As an Invited Speaker or Oral Presenter, you will need to:
Present your lecture or abstract onsite
Invited Speakers and Oral Presenters are expected to attend the Congress in person and present their lecture or abstract at the Congress venue in their allocated session
Register for the Congress (Must be Onsite Registration)
Submit a short biography and photograph (headshot) for the interactive program
Submitting a photo and short biography is requested, however, it will allow the Congress attendees to get acquainted with your professional background before attending your session. If you have not already submitted your photograph or bio please submit here.
PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines
- The first slide of your presentation must be your name, affiliation and presentation title.
- If you combine video clips with PowerPoint; the videos must be embedded as an MP4.
Onsite presentation Slides Upload
- To upload your presentation, you must bring your slides to the Speakers’ Ready Room on a USB stick. Signs for the Speakers’ Ready Room will be clearly posted at the Congress.
- You are asked to only use the Congress computers in the session halls for presentation purposes. The Congress will not be able to support lecture slides presented on personal computers.
- Please note that your slides must be finalized and ready on the day of your session.
- Please upload your presentation slides in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive at the venue in the morning and at least 2 hours before the start of the session.
- If you combine video clips with PowerPoint, please make sure to test it in Speakers’ Ready Room during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session and at least 2 hours before the start of the session. In the Speakers’ Ready Room for your session, please check with the technician if the sound and picture from the video are transmitted well and repeat the test again during the break before your session in the session hall to avoid technical issues.
Speakers’ Ready Room Opening Hours
*please note: hours are subject to change
- Mon, 5 September: 07:30-16:00
- Tue, 6 September: 06:30-19:00
- Wed, 7 September: 06:30-19:00
- Thu, 8 September: 06:30-17:00
Presentation Layout and Ratio
- Format: Your presentation should be prepared in .PPT or .PPTX format.
- Ratio: Please note that the congress computers in the session Halls are supplied with Office 2019 (at least) and the native ratio of the projection on the screens in the Halls is 16:9.
Important for MAC users
To use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer, please note that you need to prepare your presentation according to the instructions below, before taking it to the Speakers’ Ready Room:
- Convert it to PowerPoint or PDF.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (Special characters might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- Insert the images as JPG. The following file types will NOT be visible on a PowerPoint based PC – TIF, PNG or PICT.